Saturday, August 6, 2016

Absolute® Spicy Penne alla Vodka and Meat Sauce

It's my first making penne alla vodka.  I added ground meat and onions to make the sauce savory.  I used my own recipe for tomato sauce in this recipe.  I only have Absolute® vodka on hand.  This dish is simple and delicious.  You can chose to make it vegetarian, turkey, or chicken.  I used Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. 

Ingredients:
Sea salt and fresh black pepper
35 oz. can Italian plum tomatoes, pureed
1 pound penne
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper
1/2 cup vodka
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan or Manchego.

Simple directions:
In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil.  Sauté the red pepper, onion, and garlic until opaque.  Add the salt and pepper and ground meat.  Cook for about 5 min or until done.  Add the vodka, tomato, cream, and parsley.  Cook for about 10 min.  Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano and stir.  Add the cooked penne.


No comments:

Post a Comment